I wanted to redo some modern 3D on the browser, with 3D physics.
So I used Three.js for the 3D and Bullets Physics for the physics, an engine I'd used several times before.
This project is a demonstration mini-game designed to test a number of features and aspects, such as :
- 3D model display (monster truck and trees)
- Drop shadows
- Reflections of the environment on the truck's metallic paintwork
- 3D physics: terrain created in Blender, crates and vehicle (I manually implemented the wheels and suspension)
- Sun reflection in camera (Lens Flare)
- Reflection in an object
- Cone-shaped light (spotlight)
- Vehicle customization: color and suspension.
Play now on https://monster-truck.pilow.fr, if you have a good computer.